Tuesday, July 31, 2012

~*Book Review*~

Book: Smitten by Colleen Coble, Kristin Billerbeck, Diann Hunt, and Denise Hunter
My rating: 4/5
I received this book free from BookSneeze.com in exchange for a review.


I'm not one for romance books, but something about this one, got my attention. The first thing that drew me in was the size of this book. The 4 sections, or novellas weigh in at a hefty 432 pages. Not too big, but not small and wimpy at all.


I actually like the 4 short stories being broken up so I could learn more about each character in this small town. Each author wrote a story and I found that unique and I'm sure it was a bit challenging, too. They definitely pulled if off and created a delightful, creative, complete and connected story. They should be proud!


Most romance books are a bit heavy on the 'hot and heavy', but Smitten was written by four best-selling inspirational writers of today. Most will call this story a "clean" story, but I prefer to call it "real" and "honest".  Just normal people doing normal things. In my opinion, a good book is one where you can picture yourself in it without it being a wild stretch of the imagination. If you agree, this book is definitely for you!


I highly recommend Smitten. It's a nice long read. A wonderful story with great flow and interesting characters.

No comments: